Prof. Pant, has been the Pro-Vice Chancellor at Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) and on the faculty at IIT – Kanpur (the premier Engineering institution in India), MLNR Engineering College and on the Faculty & Visiting Professor at University of Western Ontario-Canada.
He has been a Visiting Scientist to research centers in Italy, England, Germany & Sweden and has delivered international lectures with about 80 published papers to his credit.
With his interest in Law, backed with practicing of Law in a High Court and his basic training in Science and IT, Prof. Pant has been particularly interested in the Cyber Law, Patent & Trade Mark issues, Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) issues etc. and has been involved with many activities, conferences on “Law & IT”
Prof. Pant has been :
- Member – Board of Governors – I I T, Delhi
- One-man committee to create the Project Report & Legislation for Delhi IT-enabled Open University
- Advisor to the Delhi Government on Asian Network of Major Cities Project (ANMC-21) distance learning project, being pursued in association with Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
Some of Prof. Pant’s key works include :
- Introduction of Keller Plan at I.I.T., Kanpur
- Development of Computer-supported Learning Systems & its implementation at IGNOU.
- Computerization activities for the Indian Representative of ETS, USA for conduct of their TOEFL & GRE examination in India, Sikkim & Nepal.
- Design and implementation of Student Registration and Evaluation methods as well as Evaluation Systems and Procedures for Testing and Examinations at the IGNOU.
- Associated with the Project Development as Member, committee for I I I T, Allahabad
With his mission to create and implement new business opportunities in the area of e-learning & learning facilitation, Prof. Pant has promoted Planet EDU Pvt. Ltd., as its Founder & Chairman, along with a team of highly experienced and skilled professionals from Education & Training, Operations, IT and Finance.